5. The organisation is social per definition The Social Organisation refers to the organisational use of digital, social tools
6. http://www.flickr.com/photos/spreenkler/ You need to find an answer to a problem at work. What do you do? (raise your hand) Look it up on the intranet? Ask a colleague? Ask someone in your network outside the organisation? Google it?
8. Problems in today’s companies? » Are we efficient enough? » Are we innovative enough? » Are we sharing knowledge? » Do we have access to the right human resources? » Do we have a common culture across divisions/countries?
15. Traditional ways of evaluating intranets: — Usability — Structure — Content/news But why do we have an intranet if it’s not for: — Collaboration — Productivity — Building organisation http://www.intrateam.dk/da/artikel/chr-hansen-har-danmarks-bedste-intranet The Best Intranet in Denmark 2010
19. People are social and work through relations We need digital tools to support our relations
20. In a McKinsey survey of executives at 4,200 companies around the world, 70 percent said that they were using social technology in some ways and 90 percent of those said they were seeing some degree of business benefits. Yet only 3 percent of companies could be identified as fully networked, meaning that they were achieving substantial benefits from use of these technologies across all parts of the organization and with customers and external partners. McKinsey Global Institute, July 2012
21. McKinsey Global Institute, July 2012 “Most importantly, we find that social technologies, when used within and across enterprises, have the potential to raise the productivity of the high-skill knowledge workers that are critical to performance and growth in the 21st century by 20 to 25 percent.”
22. Social tools use network structures to share knowledge and facilitate collaboration
23. 37 We need to have a presence to develop and maintain a common culture
24. Some tools can include external nodes in organisation’s networks
35. Who do I know that… — knows… —⇥can help me doing… — can be part of my project… — can connect me to…
36. An intranet centered around people, skills and conversations Intranet now primary tool for sharing knowledge within areas of expertise and across offices Intranet now primary tool for sharing knowledge Higher job satisfaction