3. What is the Food Bank ? • The Food Bank is a necessary although temporary response to the financial problems of some families, providing them free food, taking into account their economic situation.
4. What does the Food Bank do? • The Food bank will get food items where they exist in excess and distribute them to families who are in need. The Food Bank also collects food in big supermarkets, where
5. • people buy basic goods and donate them directly to volunteers. It also has connections with businesses and agricultural producers who donate money or food items
7. • The Santa Casa da Misericórdia de Caldas da Rainha is a national institution which has several help centers throughout the country. • This institution is based on moral ideas linked to the Christian Catholic religion, which have to do with the help of all people, of all ages, taking into account their actual needs.
8. • The values is defends are: • Social solidarity; • Social Justice; • Respect for others and for the community, • Ethics and professionalism.
9. • The Santa Casa da Misericórdia de Caldas da Rainha aims to help in improving the social response to again and elderly dependency, strengthen social protection in fighting poverty and social exclusion, supporting children at risk and creating security conditons in their families of origin.
11. Objective: • The delegation of the Red Cross in Caldas da Rainha aims intervention among those who are exposed to situation that threaten their survival with dignity, including situations like lock of social and economic conditions as well as active participation in emergency and transportation of parents in intervention area.
12. Members: • The activity of the Red Cross has the intention of help vulnerable people and their communities. It is organized by representatives of a National Society and is motivated by the free will of volunteer members not by the desire for material or financial gain.
13. Parceries: • This charity has also pareceries with clinics, schools and supermarkets so that several people may be involved in helping those less enable.
15. Agrupamento de Escolas Rafael Bordalo Pinheiro
16. • Our school is also an institution that supports children who because of economic difficulties do not have a regular feeding, as some young people come to school without having breakfast and whose only hot meal is lunch provided by the school. What our school does to solve this problem is to provide these children a free breakfast and free lunch, ensuring this way that they have two complete meals a day.
17. • • Students: • Beatriz Neves • and • Filipe Costa